A tasty BBQ recipe for you to try. . .
- 500g skinned salmon fillet
- sea salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 wooden cooking board, soaked for 2 hours
- Set up your BBQ for a 175c / 350f roasting heat, lid down and vents open as applicable
- Place the salmon on the board "skin-side" down and season the top with salt and pepper
- Arrange the slice of lemon along the top of the salmon with the sprigs of fresh thyme
- Open the barbecue and place the cedar plank salmon on the grill in the area of roasting heat. Close the lid and cook for approx. 25 minutes, or until the core temperature of the fish reaches 62c / 145f.
- Remove the plank and salmon from the barbecue and place on a heat resistant mat in the middle of a table.