A heart warming stew perfect for the whole family!
- 2 celery Sticks
- Half a swede
- 1 onion
- 2 Large Carrots
- 3 Sprigs of Rosemary & Thyme tied together
- A handful of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp cooking/frying oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 500ml Beef Stock
- 850g Stewing Beef - Diced - Honeywell's
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees C. Dice all the vegetables into large chunks and start to fry them in a large oven proof casserole pan with the cooking oil until they are softened, approximately 8 minutes.
2. Whilst the vegetables are cooking and stirring occasionally, tip the diced beef into a mixing bowl and coat in the flour with a little salt and pepper, then add the butter to the vegetables in the pan and add the beef. Cooking
3. Cook the beef for around 10 minutes until it becomes browned evenly. Add the tomato puree to the beef stock.
4. Pour the beef and tomato stock into the pan, add the tied herbs, cover with a lid and place in the oven for 2-2.5 hours, then remove the lid and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes or until the meat is very tender and the sauce has thickened. Serving
5. Serve scattered with fresh chopped parsley and warm crusty bread and butter.